Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.sharedcount.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstylishvoyager.com%2F2012%2F06%2F13%2F&apikey=): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized in /home/stylish/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fast-easy-social-sharing/fasteasysocialsharing.php on line 34
Are you thinking of visiting Thailand? I have been there and yes the country is beautiful and bountiful.
But before I went there, I made sure I am ready. Looking back at my diary, I have jot down different yet simple words you should memorize or at least write down in your notes, they may come handy when you are in Thailand.
These are just some of them:
- male – krup
- female – kaa
- not too spicy please – kor mai phet
- chicken – gai
- beef – nyea
- fish – plaa
- pork – muu
- water – nam
- coffee – ga-fae
- ice – nam khang
- hello, good morning – sawasdee
- how are you? – sabai dee reu?
- thank you – kop koon
- never mind – mai pen rai
- I can’t speak Thai – phoot Thai mai dai
- I don’t understand – prohd phoot cha-cha
- May I take a photo? – tai ruup dai mai?
- Where is the CR? – hong nam yoo te nai?
- What is this? – nee arai?
Yes, these are the words and greetings I have jotted down in my diary. Some Thailand nationals are not good in speaking or understanding the English language, so you might have a problem when you are there.